A little while ago I was nominated for a Liebster Award from the gorgeous Shay and Family. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get around to it, but I am chuffed to have been chosen. :-)
The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve acknowledgement and encouragement to keep on blogging.
The rules are as follows:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
11 Facts About Me:
- I was born in South Africa, brought up in Wales and now live in England!
- I have six tattoos with plans for at least 2 more.
- I am a total soap addict. Most of the time I'm playing catch up and end up watching about a weeks worth in one sitting!
- I hate to cook, but do enjoy baking.
- I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan! In fact, one of my tattoos is a quote from The Half Blood Prince!
- I run a small crafting business with my mum. You can visit our Facebook page here.
- I have recently become an Ann Summers rep!
- I'm a complete chocoholic.
- I'm a little bit obsessed with teapots.
- I also write another blog dedicated to my book reviews.
- I love to read & watch Vampire series, such as True Blood & The Vampire Diaries.
1. What, do you feel, is your biggest achievement to date?
Other than my boys, I would say completing Cancer Research's Shine 1/2 marathon Walk in 2011. I'm not a big walker and due to having flat feet, I find it painful, so to have completed the 13.1 mile walk overnight was a huge deal for me.
2. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
Always the book. If I've watched the movie first and found out that there was a book, then I will read the book. It is very rare that the movie/programme is better.
3. What song is guaranteed to get you dancing?
I'm not a big dancer and usually have to be quite drunk to allow myself get pulled onto the dance floor.
4. What's the most exciting thing happening for you/your family this year?
I guess starting my new job is the most exciting thing happening for us this year.
5. What three words would you use to describe your blog?
Ooh, tough one. Um, I think honest, family and fun. At least that's what it is for me. I'm always amazed that people are interested in reading my ramblings! lol.
6. What tv programme do you always make sure you watch/record?
As mentioned in my 11 facts, I am a huge soap fan, so Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders are always on series link. If for any reason that fails, then I will watch it on Catch Up!
7. One amazing meal, it can be anything in the world, what would you have?
I'm going to have to go for a 2 course meal here and would have a roast lamb dinner and cheesecake for dessert.
8. The house is on fire! You can only grab 2 things, what would you take? (excluding family & pets)
Knowing that my boys were safe, then I would have to grab my mobile phone and jewellery case. Most of my photos are now on Facebook or Dropbox, so are easily accessible from my phone. If I did have time to get one more thing, then it would be my fathers coffee table. It's been with me since my first flat in 1997 and was made by my dad in his woodwork class at school, so is older than me!
9. Money and travel are no object, where in the world would you travel to?
There's no contest on this one....South Africa any day! If I had the money and job security I would move out there in a heartbeat.
10. If you were a superhero, what would you super-power be?
Hmm, another toughie. If I could have one super-power it would being able to fly, so that I could visit my SA family anytime I wanted.
11. What is your favourite quote?
Seeing as I have it tattooed on my foot I guess it would be my Harry Potter quote: "The ones we love, never truly leave us."
11 Questions from MrsJC;
- What's the one item you can't live without?
- Team Edward or Team Jacob?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could be a famous person for the day, who would you be?
- What's your ideal job?
- What's your all time favourite book?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- What would be the best present ever?
- Tea or Coffee?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- If money was no object, what car would you buy?
5 Bloggers I nominate:
- Views from the Spectrum
- Mummy with More Than Two Point Four
- Motherhood or Madness
- The Mummy Returns
- Cupcake Mumma
I look forward to reading your answers ladies!